If you want to visit France, the first destination you should think about is the famous city of Paris! I have visited other areas in France before I settled down here, and let me tell you it is really unique and has its own charm. There are so many amazing places to visit of course but in this article, I will share with you my top 10 places, some you may already know about, and some may be new to you.
- Louvre Museum: The Louvre is the most visited and largest museum in the world. It is characterised by its beautiful, sleek glass pyramids visible both inside and outside of the venue. You will find the very famous “Mona Lisa” artwork here by Leonardo Da Vinci as well as many, many more. Inside there is a selection of restaurants and cafes including Starbucks in case you want to take a rest!
- Sacre-Coeur Basilica: This is located in the top of the hill of Montmartre, a very large hill in Paris, where a lot of well-known artists lived, such as Pablo Picasso. The narrowed, artistic streets of Montmartre will lead you to this beautiful Church. Right outside lays a large set of stairs, where people sit with their crepes in hand and enjoy the performances of the street artists as well as the stunning view.
- Eiffel Tower: A very popular attraction in Paris, especially at night where you can enjoy the lights and see the tower shining from miles away. You can also take a ride in the elevator that will take you to the top of the tower and here you will be able to see a panoramic view of the city. It is the perfect location to appreciate and photograph the beauty of Paris. Make sure to by a Souvenir in the gift shop to mark the moment!
- Starbucks (opera): Not like the other Starbucks that you may visited many times before. This Starbucks is located next to the national theatre of the comic opera, and as you enter you will be amazed by its architecture. It is so original and depicts the history of the city. It is a very warm and cosy place that has a big space to work or meet your friends. The staff are also super friendly! Well worth a visit!
- Felicità: This is a beautifully decorated, spacious place that contains small food stalls and places to pick up a cocktail. There are various types of food and drink available so there is something for everyone. Music is always playing offering the perfect opportunity to have a dance with your friends.
- Arc de Triomphe and Champs Elysées: This is the most famous arch in the world! On its surface lies imprints of victories and battles that marked French history. It also pays tribute to important French military leaders. In addition to that, if you love shopping, you can’t miss the Avenue of Champs Elysées in front of it, where the biggest brands are based!
- Tuileries Garden: The Tuileries Garden is a very large green area, located next to the Louvre. Here you can take a break and relax in the beautiful fields, enjoying the sun and a good snack with your friends. My favourite time to visit is sunset, so if you can, get there in time for that as the views are incredible!
- Galerie laFayette: This is another fantastic location for shopping! You will be truly amazed by the design of the gallery and the 360° view of the city from the rooftop. I particularly love to visit during the Christmas period to enjoy the special decorations and shiny lights!
- Rue Crémieux: A small street, with a lot of colourful and unique houses, located next to Gare Lyon. This area is so clean and calm making it super homely. It is the perfect location for a Paris photo-shooting session or just a peaceful walk in your downtime.
- Pont Alexandre III: A beautiful ornate bridge that extends the River Seine and connects the Eiffel Tower and Champs-Elysees. Many collectively sit underneath the bridge to have a picnic and enjoy the different performances of the street artists. This embodies the French atmosphere!
Let me know if you have visited any of these places or if you have any locations in Paris that I may not have mentioned at @TheStudentAspect on Instagram!