Bish, Bash, Bosh! This is a super easy and quick recipe for a delicious hearty dinner – a fabulous recipe for when it’s raining outside!! Now, of course, there will be ingredients in here that not everyone will enjoy, a few possible switch-ups could be:
- Chicken instead of tuna
- Courgettes as a veggie replacement
- Make it extra meaty. Try option one and then switch out the sweetcorn for bacon – delicious!!
What are you waiting for – give it a go!!
- 600g Pasta – Any type works
- 340g tin of sweetcorn
- 2 x 160g tins of tuna in spring water, drained
- 600ml Milk
- 50g Plain Flour
- 50g Butter
- 250g Cheddar
- Handful of Parsley
- A squeeze of Lemon Juice
- Preheat your oven to 180C/ Fan Oven 160C. Boil your pasta in a pan for a minute under the recommended time, it will continue to cook in the oven!
- Now to make a white sauce! Melt your butter in a pan and add the plain flour, stirring throughout.
- Cook this for a minute before gradually adding the milk to the mixture, once again stirring continuously. The outcome should be a thick white sauce.
- Take the sauce off of the heat and add the cheddar. Save a handful of cheese for later! Make sure that it is completely mixed.
- Drain your pasta and add to the white sauce. Mix in your tuna, sweetcorn and parsley. Add a squeeze of lemon and season to your preferred taste.
- Pop the mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle it with cheese, remember the bit from earlier!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, and voila!!! This dish will serve six portions or serve fewer people and have lunch for tomorrow… I’ll let you make that decision!!
Did you try the standard recipe or change it up? Let us know your feedback by DM on Instagram @thestudentaspect.