The perfect date-night recipe for some ‘posh nosh’ at home! Going out for dinner can be expensive and it soon starts stacking up! This recipe is one of my absolute go-to’s for an Italian fakeaway, it’s simply delicious!!
- 1 Lemon or equivalent in lemon juice
- 2 Chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to season
- Olive Oil
- 100g Tagliatelle
- 1 yolk of an egg
- Squeeze your lemon (or use the equivalent) until it is juiced, season with your salt and pepper to taste. Marinade your chicken in the juice for around half an hour, until infused and zesty. You can skip this step if you are in a rush but I highly recommend the extra thirty minutes! Don’t throw away the remaining juice!!!!!
- Add around a teaspoon of olive oil to a large frying pan and allow to heat. Add the chicken to the pan, cooking for around 15 minutes. Make sure to check that it is cooked all the way through (no pink bits!!)
- During this time, boil a pan of water (lightly salted) and cook your pasta to the recommended time on the packet.
- Whilst your ingredients are simmering away, add the egg yolk to your remaining juice mix. Season again lightly.
- Drain your pasta and then stir the juice mixture throughout. The egg will cook due to the heat of the pasta.
- Separate the pasta into two dishes and place your chicken breasts over the top. If you’re fancying a restaurant replica, try garnishing with the zest of the lemons as well as a herb such as chopped parsley or chives.