Small businesses really took a hit due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, but we also gained more of an understanding than ever on how to support small businesses, when going through hardships.
Here is a list of ways to support small businesses and their owners, most of which are completely free!
- Like, comment, share and follow on social media! This is completely free but could make the difference between one customer and thirty! Sharing on your social media pages is at no detriment to you, and is super simple, achieved in a few clicks. Without a doubt, it’ll put a smile on the business owners face.
- Recommend to friends and family: Make sure if you see a small business that might appeal to friends or family, to recommend it! I know there are always bigger ‘more trustworthy’ brands such as Amazon, but small businesses make a huge difference to real lives!
- Write positive reviews: Just like sharing on social media, if you like what you see or enjoy their product/service, let people know! It takes just a few seconds and costs absolutely nothing. A small business owner hearing that you enjoy their product would make their day!
- Sign up to their newsletter: Try and stay up to date with all the businesses plans, this will not only make them feel super supported, but also will keep you in the loop, and you might find out something you never knew before. Knowledge is power, remember!
- Buy from them: If the business is selling a product or service, and you’re in the position to buy something they’re selling, you should definitely consider it over buying from large companies. Many times, small businesses will have a personal feel and will do their utmost to keep their customers and clients happy. It’s a service with a smile.
- Let them know when you enjoy their service: This could be similar to leaving a review or comment on a post, but your kind words can go such a long way and could be the encouragement a small business owner might need. It was a strange 2020, but if we learnt anything, it was to be kind to one another.