As 2020 draws to a close, The Aspect team have scoured our brains to deicide on some New Year’s resolutions to complete throughout 2021. We’ve all opted for rather easy targets that are most definitely acheivable throughout next year.
Leana’s New Year’s Resolutions
- Read more books – I’ve always loved reading, from being a very young age. I seem to have fallen out with it more in recent years… I read the odd chapter here and there but nothing like I would’ve done previously. As a new year’s treat, I’m going to buy myself a new book, perhaps a genre that I’ve never really browsed before!
- Become less of a stress head – I worry, a lot. I always ponder over the good and bad of every situation! Could this go wrong? Am I on time? Will this suffice. After the crazy year of 2020, I’ve decided that I want to change this attribute about myself. I want to learn to take situations straight on, as they come! In 2021, I’m going to practice more habits of self-care and mindfulness.
- Spend more time with the people that matter – 2020 has taught me so much about who is truly there for me. This year has brought families, friends and communities together. In 2021, I want to set more time aside to spend my loved ones, a meal each week/ two weeks maybe.
Lily’s New Year’s Resolutions
- Be more eco-friendly – I think we should all try and be a bit more eco-friendly where can, especially after Sir David Attenborough’s cry for help on Instagram. I will try and achieve this by using less plastic, keeping up my addiction to reuseable straws, stop wasting electricity, and recycling more where I can.
- Do something I’ll never forget – I know this is vague, but 2020 provided me with some unforgettable opportunities, and although it was hard in many ways, it was one of my best years for making myself proud. If we took anything from 2020, it was that we cannot predict the future, so it’s hard to say what it’ll be for me, but I know I need to do something special this year.
- Have a better idea about my post-graduate plans – I am the type of person that wants to do everything in one day, I have been the same since I was young and my career is not much different. Every day provides me with new ideas for my future, from career to travel. By the end of 2021, I will be in the final year of my undergraduate degree, so hopefully, I will have my next move planned!
Hope’s New Year’s Resolutions
- Spend more time with my friends – because of COVID, I have not been able to see many people this year. If conditions become increasingly better in late 2021, hopefully, I will be able to see all the people I have missed so much this year.
- Calm down – I think my close friends will all agree that sometimes I can get a little angry and snappy. In the New Year, I hope to learn how to channel the anger into something else so I don’t end up snapping at people and getting into arguments.
- Take care of my skin – I have always had the worst skin and growing up I thought that it was just hormones and it would clear up once I got older. However, now I am in my twenties and yes it has calmed down but as selfish as this may seem, I want the old me back with the clear skin and not have to worry about how ugly I look every day. I have started getting Hydrafacials done every six weeks, so I want to create a proper skin routine and an appropriate diet.